Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Business Recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Business Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm

nellers2001 wrote:
Wondering wheher we can have a name and praise/shame section where we can post info on experiences with car related businesses for others.

Maybe if we could have a section what about also having area sections within it, ie southwest, south Wales, midlands etc so people from up north aren't trawling through loads of posts for businesses in say the southwest?

Thoughts?

http://www.built4track.co.uk/general-car-chat-f10/recommended-garages-and-services-t361.htm

Like that? Razz

Last edited by Norledge on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Exactly like that Embarassed

Except is it possible to have it's own section with area subsections or is that to much work? Just thinking that may be the clearest option and most imformative way? Not a prob if you want to stick with above method though! Wink
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm happy to do it... but we already have more forum's than most other sites... what doe's everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Poll?
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2841
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I think by trader as they have on cliosport

and I would say only recommendations. no negative feedback. the club is liable for forum content.
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:05 pm

If there was a name and shame it can only be personal experience to make sure others avoid but can understand not wanting to do this too. I have personally found this to be very useful on other forums though!
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

Female Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:39 pm

if you are going to name and shame then maybe have a disclaimer that says "this is the opinion of..... B4T is not responsible for the content of this forum"

covers the club then rather than it looking like it's the opinion of all???
just a though Smile
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:18 pm

^ I like that suggestion. I just think it's a nice touch to have both positive and neg experiences (but it must be experience and not hearsay or gossip) as it gives people a good idea of possible service. I do agree you have to be careful but stating why you've had a bad experience then it can't be slander.

Anyway stated my reasoning so will now leave it in the hands of the b4t mods and users! Wink
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:25 am

Any chance of redoing the poll on this thread stu as the poll I set up got lost when the thread disappeared and I can't set up a new one as you are first post now! Cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business Recommendations   Business Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Business Recommendations
Page 1 of 1