Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre

Go down 
+6
spritely
ash
MR_FQ340jay
dabbott151
nellers2001
flash black
10 posters
AuthorMessage
flash black
Experienced
Experienced
flash black

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-11

4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre Empty
PostSubject: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm wanting a cheap new set of tyres to put on my vts rims there 195 45 15, they will be for track.
What ones do you think are best
1) Toyo proxes t1-r at £210 a set
2) Falken ze912 at £180 a set
3) Yokohama parada at £170 a set but only do 195 50 15
4) Other if not listed
Back to top Go down
http://www.jimgriffiths.org.uk/index.html
flash black
Experienced
Experienced
flash black

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Or even send me links to pages selling cheap semi slicks that would be greatful cheers
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Can't comment on those tyres but keep an eye on owners forum and eBay. I picked up a set of lude wheels with 4 r888 tyres with great tread for 200! The size you're looking for is quite common as well, integra's use 195 width tyres on 15" alloys as standard!
Back to top Go down
dabbott151
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
dabbott151

Male Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:48 am

nellers2001 wrote:
Can't comment on those tyres but keep an eye on owners forum and eBay. I picked up a set of lude wheels with 4 r888 tyres with great tread for 200! The size you're looking for is quite common as well, integra's use 195 width tyres on 15" alloys as standard!

Good advice Sam 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre 734853
Back to top Go down
MR_FQ340jay
Learner
Learner
MR_FQ340jay

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 am

R888's all the way dude
Back to top Go down
ash
Experienced
Experienced
ash

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm

R888's or A048's.

ive always had r888's but recently put a048's on the front of the 205 and quite like them. can't make my mind up which i prefer. probably R888's due to the cost saving
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 am

We are using BF Goodridges and they have done several track days and are still only half worn. Handle nice, very predictable, used a lot on the road as well.
Must have done 5 track days at Oulton and Anglesey, they have been on the car six years according to the receipts we got with the car.
Dont know if you can still get them.
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

Male Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 am

Not used Spec 2's myself but ive heard mixed reviews. Some saying the dry grip and feed back been the best around, where as others claim they are durable but don't scrub in and create much grip. Though i can recomend Yoko C.Drive, plenty of grip in both the wet and dry but also have a high wear rate.

For value durability and dry grip you can't go wrong with a set of Proxy T1R's, Ive used T1R's numerous times and can't really fault them. R888 in medium compound seem to be a popular (track)choice if you don't intend on doing the milage. R888s prices have rocketed over the last few years though.

If you want something cheap for track use then take a look at Max Sport tarmac range, however they aren't road legal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetrackdayclub.com/
flash black
Experienced
Experienced
flash black

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks everyone I'm still deciding lol
Back to top Go down
maniac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
maniac

Male Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 am

I use Yoko's S-Drive in the back and Falken Ziex 912 in the front on my saxo. But i think the S-drive's have better grip imho
Back to top Go down
gavink
Learner
Learner
gavink

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:40 am

If you want the best road legal track tyre just stick to 888's, stupidly expensive but Toyo know there the best and people pay it...
You got a cage fitted? if so just get some slicks for the track Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
flash black
Experienced
Experienced
flash black

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 am

gavink wrote:
If you want the best road legal track tyre just stick to 888's, stupidly expensive but Toyo know there the best and people pay it...
You got a cage fitted? if so just get some slicks for the track Twisted Evil

yes cage be fitted soon so may go for slicks cheers m8
Back to top Go down
ash
Experienced
Experienced
ash

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:52 am

not all tracks allow slicks though, regardless if a cage has been fitted or not
Back to top Go down
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Have to say after passengering in same prelude at donington the weekend the 888s were great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre   4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre Empty

Back to top Go down

4 options on whats your best road legal track tyre
Page 1 of 1