Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

My addiction...

Go down 
+3
Reechard
Adam86
Rallye James
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

Male Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2010-04-25

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am

...and the reason I've never got any money!

The amount of times I've been over to Nurburg came up in conversation today, so I needed to work it out for sure!

1) It all started in December 2007. I got a chance to go over as a passenger on a long weekend with a friend (Dyno off Rallye Register who had the red XSi for those that know). We went in the 328i with Dyno's mates in another E36 and a Volvo T5. Did around 8 laps in all including a four-up in the Volvo Very Happy And I was hooked...

My addiction... Ring3

2) Dyno had talked me through the corners, told me the tips with the lines. I went home and spent ages on games, learning the track, learning which corners came after each other. I wanted to take my own car but I wanted to know the layout first. In April 2008, a group of us from Rallye Register put together a trip, to include the 'Ring. And so I went over in the white 106. I did 3 laps driving, and 2/3 laps in the others' cars, giving directions and lines. The week also included a trackday at Zandvoort with Rallye.nl and a visit to the Peugeot factory (car park) and museum in Mulhouse.

My addiction... Retour30

My addiction... Rings2s

3) I waited a while before going back again. I sold the 106 and got my new 306 ready for a trip in August 2009 with 106OC. While we were there for a week, we only had one evening session where the track would be open. It was manic, the car had been unreliable with suspension trouble and I pottered around for 2 easy laps, mostly with the right indicator on Sad

My addiction... 3796028791_094f9b3945_z
306 vs GT3 by Rallye James, on Flickr

My addiction... 306ring

4) The car was sold soon after and I got my hands on something I knew would be ideal for my growing addiction... A LHD 106 Rallye, with a proven suspension setup. In March 2010 I took a week off work, simply to use up some holiday that I had spare. I already knew the track was closed, but I had a trip down from Cologne where me and my friend were staying, just for a pizza and a nose around. Breidscheid was a construction site with the barriers going up on the bridge Sad

My addiction... E26

My addiction... E20

5) Only a month later, I got chance to put the car through it's paces on the track, as I returned with PoT in April. We stayed in the epic mansion and I got 4 laps with various passengers, plus a passenger lap (or 2?) with Matt in the 172.

My addiction... 4575367540_e4ba8fc382_z
The PoT mansion by Rallye James, on Flickr

My addiction... IMG_2215

6) For a third trip in a single year, I headed out with the 106OC guys again in October 2010. Now used to the car and armed with a handful of Redline vouchers, I got 5 driving laps and at least 3 passenger laps with Kris driving my car, the first time I'd been driven round the track in my own car, and not as scary as it sounds! The week was the first that I had managed a sub 11 minute, with a 10:50 BTG and also the start of something that would become my 'signature move' - the four-up lap Very Happy With Mark, Titch and Toby in the car, we managed an 11:22 BTG, complete with the famous 8v/16v argument most of the way round!

My addiction... 5065346794_8110491607_z
Brunnchen, Nurburgring Nordschleife by Rallye James, on Flickr

My addiction... Rack14

7) My fourth year running, I made a short stop over at the 'Ring as another group from PoT did our Euro trip, centering around the Alps and a stop at Monaco. By far the most brief of my trips to the 'Ring, I got 2 four-up driving laps, plus a passenger lap in both the Megane 225 and Clio 200. Some heroics in the rain, albeit with an empty track resulted in a low 11 minute lap, even with the extra passengers.

My addiction... 5743766707_2bd6f996f9_z
Nurburg by Rallye James, on Flickr

My addiction... Rack

So in all (I think) I've done 16 driving laps and 14 as passenger. It doesn't sound a lot, but there's so much else to do than just laps and it's enough for me to have a pretty decent idea of where I'm going now. Bring on 53 days til trip number 8! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.topalwaysdown.co.uk
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:44 am

That's an addiction worth having. I hoping my first time will be next year!
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:42 pm

James I envy you hugely having gone there almost 8 times! Like Ad I want to trek there soon. Would love to be able to do it this year but funds..

Going to start saving soon for going. I was debating just taking a week to go up there and just watch and take some pictures etc for some holiday seeing as i havent had one in 7 years now.
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I love that pic of the 306 going round Karussell!

Can't wait to get back over, really can't. Something everyone should do at some point IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Awesome little story Smile

Wish i still lived at home Razz

My addiction is buying cars. I want to sell 306 now, not for any real reason, i just do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Buy a disco!

Was doing little runs in the jeep yesterday. I don't care if it was saying 7mpg it sounds lush driving around in 1st gear lol. It better pass its mot Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm kinda wanting a cheap Disco winter drive tbh...
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Trust me, cheap Disco's aren't good Disco's Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 am

An old SJ would do? lol
Back to top Go down
jamesy
Moderators
Moderators
jamesy

Male Number of posts : 2769
Registration date : 2010-03-07

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:30 am

B4T 2012 Ring done My addiction... 734853
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 am

Adam86 wrote:
That's an addiction worth having

True!

Reechard wrote:
Would love to be able to do it this year but funds.. Going to start saving soon for going.

If you're saving for next year, I'll give you a proposition... I'm heading out next August, bit of a road trip, Monaco and the Alps again, with two stops at Nurburg. If you can save £50 a month from now til then, there's a seat in an S2000 going spare Wink

Chris_429 wrote:
I love that pic of the 306 going round Karussell!

Yep, looking at it's best. Winning, despite being slightly broken. I seem to remember being overtaken by a T5 Transporter moments before that shot Embarassed

Norledge wrote:
Wish i still lived at home Razz

It makes so much sense, loads of money, personal maid etc... Razz

Norledge wrote:
I want to sell 306 now, not for any real reason, i just do.

At least get the coilies on first Razz

jamesy wrote:
B4T 2012 Ring done My addiction... 734853

You know I'm there! My addiction... 734853
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:34 am

As I probably wont have a car that works by B4T Ring 2012 then I will be blagging a passenger seat in exchange for moneys with someone.

And James, that would be awesome to go in a s2k but Id make the man look like a homosensual with a fat lover lol
Back to top Go down
jamesy
Moderators
Moderators
jamesy

Male Number of posts : 2769
Registration date : 2010-03-07

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 am

Lol rich there will be lots of seats free mate so get savin
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 am

Reechard wrote:
And James, that would be awesome to go in a s2k but Id make the man look like a homosensual with a fat lover lol

Er, you do realise the S2000 in question should be mine by then... I don't mind the image My addiction... 428934 Top down laps FTW!
Back to top Go down
Jeano
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Jeano

Male Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2011-01-05

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:04 pm

erm went once in 2009
four times in 2010
once in 2011,

im going back thursday, its handy having a mate with a house about 8km from the ring

been around in many cars from our £300 E30 to 420bhp skylines
Back to top Go down
http://www.tbdevelopments.com/forum
Reechard
Track God
Track God

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Rallye James wrote:
Reechard wrote:

Er, you do realise the S2000 in question should be mine by then... I don't mind the image My addiction... 428934 Top down laps FTW!
Haha in that case i'll get saving for then too.

Should have gained some knowledge and be confident taking my car round after that.
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Just emailed Eddy at the hotel to ask if there's an extra space available for you. Can't see it being busy in November TBH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 am

Schweet Smile Ive just filled in my passport form, will be posting it off tomorrow hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Jeano
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Jeano

Male Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2011-01-05

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:20 am

Cool see you later im off tomorrow, few laps in me mates 420bhp r32 gtr on r888s, should be sweet
Back to top Go down
http://www.tbdevelopments.com/forum
Sponsored content

My addiction... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My addiction...   My addiction... Empty

Back to top Go down

My addiction...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car Chat :: General Car Chat-
Jump to: