Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.

Go down 
+2
Chris_429
Dave-R
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

Male Number of posts : 1593
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. Empty
PostSubject: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 am

Awesomes!

Was only at Mallory at few months ago and returned again but this time with an extra ~66 horses.

Pug1Off have really built me an quality engine. Zero problems, as always. Drove the car there. Hammered it continuously. Drove it back. And as always the day has shown me that I need to shell out a bit more money:

1. Oil catch tank - Oil vapour sludge on the bulk head from the breather.
2. Sticky tyres - Normal tyres were holding me back.

The day started out damp and then got fairly wet. For a short time the wipers were on, as oppose to intermittent. But you forget how much more exciting it is going around a track in wet conditions. Had a little moment at John Cooper Esses where the car wasn't going where I had the wheels pointing. Nothing major and managed to recover it. Then as it dried out later on I gave up trying to make the hairpin and parked it on the grass Laughing I think I was going in far too fast, broke a bit earlier and there's a small rise just before the hairpin. Unsettled the car and I knew there was no way I could get it around the corner.

First time I'd done a day with Circuit Days. They were OK. Nothing bad. Driving was generally OK too. There were a handful of accidents that seemed to be attributed to the wet stuff on track. One on the entry to Gerrards and two on the exit out of Gerrards. And there was a Hyundai Coupe that lost all of its gears, apart from reverse. Was quite amusing seeing that reverse back down the track from the hairpin, all the way down the pits and through the paddock Cool

Unfortunately I think Mallory will be another circuit that's bullied in to strict noise restrictions. Normally it's 105dB there but due to complaints from people living near by, they're now sound testing and the limit is 98dB. There's no drive-by testing though. At the moment. I have no doubt that'll change in the future Sad

I do have some in-car video. First time I'd used a camera and mount on track so it's not great. You'll see that it's a big advert for Opie Oils Razz

Will upload it and try to pinch some photos from the photography website soon...
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

Only video I got because battery ran out in camera (didn't have enough time to charge it before leaving!):

Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:56 am

Sounds sooo nice Dave! Looks to be going well too. Any problems at all on the day?
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 am

Nope, no problems at all. Just a bit of horrible mayo like oil vapour that had come out of the breather filter and stuck to the bulkhead. Will get a catch tank in a few weekends time.
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

Male Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

Looks like it went well.

Whens the next track day? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetrackdayclub.com/
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am

Looks like a good day Dave. On the subject of catch tanks, I have one I will sell you if you want?
OBP one it is, never used.
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Masher wrote:
Looks like it went well.

Whens the next track day? Very Happy

Probably not until 2012 now Sad

Reechard wrote:
Looks like a good day Dave. On the subject of catch tanks, I have one I will sell you if you want?
OBP one it is, never used.

I shall let you know Rich. 2 litre isn't it? I've not got much room in the engine bay, until I relocate the battery. So a 0.5 litre may be better for me at the moment. Need to size things up. There wasn't actually any oil, just vapour that had condensed in to a horrible brown mayo gunk.

I think I will need to get some filters for the ITBs too because I had a few people commenting on the noise. In a good way though! Although apparently I was the loudest car there and apparently it sounded like a kit car. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:17 pm

I'll have to watch the video when I get home. Phone won't play it lol
Back to top Go down
chrisrallye
Experienced
Experienced
chrisrallye

Male Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Mate the car sounds good and looks like it was going well too, you should come to the ring with us next year mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.   Mallory Park - 8th October 2011. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mallory Park - 8th October 2011.
Page 1 of 1