Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)

Go down 
+10
Huw
Whiting
Reechard
jamesy
woz_106
Masher
nellers2001
Norledge
Jonny-r
Rallye James
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

Male Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2010-04-25

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 am

Took the car up to Llandow yesterday, it behaved perfectly, one of the few cars there that didn't end up as a casualty. The alternator belt is still squealing like a pig and the wipers had a spazzy five minutes where they went completely out of sync with each other but other than that it was fine. My brakes were great on track, though on the way home got progressivly worse, so I will check that out at the weekend, I think I might have a leak Sad My (free) Serbian made tyres were lacking a bit of grip in places, but considering Llandow rips tyres to shreds they faired well and I was able to drive home on them without having ruined my road tyres.

Got a couple of 720p videos from in the car on my phone in the windscreen mount, very impressed with the quality Very Happy One of my sessions is first, then my cousin is driving in the second video. Watch them on Youtube for the full HD version.

Few pics Smile

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Ll1

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Ll2

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Ll3

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Ll6

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Ll8
Back to top Go down
http://www.topalwaysdown.co.uk
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 am

Really liked the XSi's, Rack's power impressed me again too. Swear it must be cammed tbh Razz

Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 am

Looked good out on track mate!!
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 am

Marmite time!

Now, about 18 months ago, I picked up a set of non working angel eye headlights, and a set of slightly damaged standard headlights (IIRC Sam B stuffed them into a wall at Mallory!)

So, soon after I got the hammer out and removed the glass (plastic!) from each pair. And then they sat there in my bedroom, for a while :p

Until I recently bought a tube of Tigerseal that is Wink And then I put them back together last week. Today, I went about removing the bumper (never had to do that before on a 106!) and got them fitted. I know they're going to be next to useless in the dark, which is why I've put them on for the light summer nights, as I rarely drive very late at night. They may have to come off for the Monaco trip though, we'll see.

Also, you'll see in the photos that my Streamline mirror caps which I treated myself to after winning the 106RR photo competition, are on now on too. The lacquer on one has already got slightly chipped which is a shame Sad But it's not too noticeable. And I've got my Swiss road tax. 'Cos I'm pimp like, innit Wink

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 5540552626_2879dee657_z

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 5539973459_7517ab6047_z

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 5539974625_0cf60b8f64_z
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:09 am

I quite like it!

Nice job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 am

Er, six months since I posted in here, suppose I better give it an update!

Crystal lights were taken off for Europe, never went back on. Did Europe. Did two laps of the 'Ring again. Warped the discs even more. Did Combe last week, finished the discs off.

So this weekend, I set about getting some new discs and pads in the 266mm's, until we found that one of my calipers was only suitable for the bin Sad Luckily, I knew someone local breaking a GTi6 and got a lift over to pick them up, so yesterday Ryan fitted these and got me back on the road.

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 2011-09-18%25252019.12.19

Still want a 266mm setup to fit under the steels, but should have one lined up now, then I can sell these on again. Also need another wheel bearing and a CV boot sorting and then it's off to the 'Ring again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ash
Experienced
Experienced
ash

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:46 am

if you plan selling the wheels i'd be interested to put them on my rallye, would have steel's to swap is you wanted?
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 am

I've got a set of steels already, just need them repainting. I've got a huge queue of people after the Speedlines, just depends what happens when I sell the car, if it goes on steels I'll probably Ebay the Speedlines.
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:23 pm

I'll have the brakes when you take them off Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
ash
Experienced
Experienced
ash

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 am

na you wana just sell them straight to me, would look good on my car...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)   James's Black Rallye (aka Rack) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

James's Black Rallye (aka Rack)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3