Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

The UK’s most vandalised cars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

The UK’s most vandalised cars Empty
PostSubject: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:01 am

Quote :
As insurance company PR stunts go, this one is rather interesting: swiftcover.com is launching an annual Vehicle Vandalism Index.

Looking at stats running from November 2009 to November 2010, it's worked out which cars are most likely to fall victim to petty damage inflicted by jealous troglodytes. And as you might suspect, it turns out this isn't entirely indiscriminate.

The vast majority of cars featuring in the top 10 slot into the executive class - with swiftcover.com even going so far as to label them status symbols. Contrast this with the UK's most popular car, the Ford Focus.

The Focus has a VV - yes, that's Vehicle Vandalism - Index rating of 1.88. Compared that to the 5.56 VV Index in the case of the number one target on swiftcover.com's list. The bigger the number, the greater the chance you'll return to find the car's been keyed or had the wing mirror knocked off (based on a calculation worked out from the percentage multiplied by 10).

So what is the UK's number one automotive vandal victim, according to swiftcover.com?

Number 10 - BMW 530
The UK’s most vandalised cars 4E7B9028ED368EC73BE1EDB1C2ED
Kicking off the top 10 - so to speak - who'd have guessed it? A BMW. In fact, swiftcover.com singles out the BMW 530 in particular (without being specific about generation, or fuel) as the 10th most likely vandal victim in the UK. Its VV Index rating is 3.92.

Number 9 - BMW 525
The UK’s most vandalised cars CBB0BEBEB03B47CAFE9B9F5B4F242F
And just to prove exactly how much many a mis-aligned yoof despises the 5 Series, the BMW 525 makes it into the number 9 spot. We'd speculate the comparatively greater number of 525s as the basic explanation of its higher 4.05 VV Index score.

Number 8 - Skoda Octavia
The UK’s most vandalised cars D8A584D2433C4FF87ABEDCB0FBE8D5
Just when we thought we were getting the hang of this, a spanner in the works: number 8 on the list is the Skoda Octavia. Not exactly known for being a status symbol, perhaps the vandals just can't stand the smug satisfaction of an owner group that knows it got a really good car for not much money. 4.09 VV index.

Number 7 - BMW X5
The UK’s most vandalised cars B17B6AC925F582572F7F8D4F3A1087
Ah, that's more like it - the BMW X5 takes number 7. We're actually struggling to think of a more likely target for vandalism than this particular Chelsea tractor, and so it seems are the vandals as it's actually the only SUV on the list. 4.24 VV Index.

Number 6 - Mazda MX5
The UK’s most vandalised cars EC6F9785A1CF0829FF694827F301B
Put the scissors down, people. Apparently cat fights at the hairdressers are all too common, with the Mazda MX-5 finding itself at number six. 4.31 VV Index.

Number 5 - Audi TT
The UK’s most vandalised cars 1941723118A4F23A39E2EBD56F170
Colour us surprised, but this is actually the only Audi on the list - compared to, er, four and a half BMWs. It seems the old stereotypes about BMW drivers are still alive and well in the minds of the paint-keying masses. Still, with a VV Index of 4.48, the TT broaches the top five.

Number 4 - Mercedes CLK
The UK’s most vandalised cars 216A838F24C577C64D58E7C37B96
On top of which, this is the only Mercedes - the CLK is quite a flash looking motor, but it seems even Mercedes didn't like its image much, killing it off after the last generation. Watch out E-Class coupé and convertible owners next time, we say. VV Index 4.52.

Number 3 - BMW Mini One
The UK’s most vandalised cars 27DD4AC45E4AE47B7A3C8114DBE82
Breaking into the top three with a VV Index of 4.62 is that half a BMW we referred to earlier - the Mini. Curiously swiftcover.com names the Mini One specifically. Why does the cooking version command such wrath, we wonder? A statement on your inability to afford a sportier model, perhaps.

Number 2 - BMW Z4
The UK’s most vandalised cars 9BC19576C39E4AB345BC29A87C38EA
Number two vehicular vandal victim in the UK? The BMW Z4. A curious choice in many respects - it's much less in your face than many other BMWs available. Maybe it's an artistic statement, deploring the flame surfaced styling bedecking the original. Shame. VV Index 4.75.

Number 1 - Lexus IS
The UK’s most vandalised cars 53508BF03EB2697BEDDA496A6891F
Be honest now - you really weren't expecting this. The number one car most likely to be vandalised in the UK is (according to swiftcover.com, don't forget) the Lexus IS. And the VV Index rating of 5.56 is quite the massive jump in damage potential, too. We can only assume it's something to do with the copycat image. Come on now, Lexus - where's that self-healing paint option?
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 am

Haterz gonna hate, y0.

Not surprised the 5's in there tbh, I get more hatred from other road users in the 5 than I did in either 106's or the Saxo, and they were hardly subtle.
Back to top Go down
Stevie
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Stevie

Male Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 am

I loved my 5, I'd rather admire it than vandalise it, although I can see why it's an easy target Sad

I want another one! Turbo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 am

Do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hampy1234
Learner
Learner
Hampy1234

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Might as well add my BMW to the list some if the looks I get from people is quite frightening!
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

Male Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:40 am

Interesting looking through that, especially as my Sisters Mini Cooper had the wind mirrors ripped off last week Rolling Eyes

Was expecting more lower spec cars though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetrackdayclub.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UK’s most vandalised cars   The UK’s most vandalised cars Empty

Back to top Go down

The UK’s most vandalised cars
Page 1 of 1