Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Andrew's Mini Cooper

Go down 
+2
Sam
AyJay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-12

Andrew's Mini Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:18 am

I've just inherited this off my old man so finally have a car that I can take on track, and with the awesome handling it has it'll quite fun Smile Plus something different I think lol I will be putting my private plates on there soon Smile
Enjoy Smile

Andrew's Mini Cooper IMGP0120

Andrew's Mini Cooper IMGP0113

Andrew's Mini Cooper IMGP0123

Andrew's Mini Cooper IMGP0114

Andrew's Mini Cooper IMGP0115
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:21 am

Wow, that does look epic man! Needs to be striped before you go on track though of course Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:22 am

HAHA you are dangerously obsessed with stripes lol But it is having some things done to it so watch this space Wink
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:49 am

Very Clean!

What sort of tuning options are available on the 1.6?
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:49 am

Looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Very Happy

Get it all ready for track and unleaaaassssshhhhh!
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:50 am

Looks good mate! What plans have you got?
Back to top Go down
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:13 am

Ahh well...I just basic things tbh. Gonna try and improve the handling (even though it is tres fun already) and then maybe basic engine mods.
Any advice and ideas would be greatly welcomed....as most of you are more experienced Smile
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:28 am

I would say unless you are rich/handy with scanners/old (cheap insurance) I would leave things simple on power as it will end up costing a lot for any real gains. First port of call imo is good service with decent stuff (engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant, spark plugs, cambelt, air filter, fuel filter, tracking). No point having a quick car if things don't work properly. After that I'd do decent discs, pads and fluid, and then suspension (coilies or cheaper option of good shocks and lowering springs), bushes. Set of track wheels with tyres is always handy so you don't have to drive on wrecked tyres! That's the way I'd do it if I was starting from stock!
Back to top Go down
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:35 am

I'll need to be rich to do all that! lol With regards to the tyres though, one of the first things i want to do is get the run flats off and put on black 17s Smile then keep the run flats to rip up on track lol the thing is the suspension is already really firm so I'm not too sure about altering it :/ was gonna go for stiffer anti roll bars and strut braces though??
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:40 am

Unless you're rich it always takes time. My car has taken over 4 years to get to where it is now!

Anti roll bars are a good way to go but are usually expensive. I would sort brakes first as no point going quick if you have no confidence in your brakes or they fade quickly! I'd rather be able to stop than get round a corner quickly.
Back to top Go down
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:52 am

Right, I see! Yeah I know it's gonna take time...but the excitment is getting too much and I want it all done now! lol
Good brakes can be found cheaply with a bit of searching round then....what type of brakes would be best?
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:01 am

Get a decent pad and disc combo up front and good rears imo. Depends on your budget but I wouldn't skimp on brakes if you are taking the car on track, for example I have standard rear discs and pads, but use bremtech front discs and hawk hp+ pads (but this comes at a price...front pads and discs were £200 and I fitted them myself). I know ad uses carbotech pads and rates them highly on the mr2. Some people say £120 front pads are overkill on a car that doesn't go on track a lot but with brakes I'd rather be over prepared than under as like my car in one piece!

EDIT: Just been thinking about this and it does depend on your budget but if you have a big-ish budget for the front pads i'd go for either hawk hp+/ds2500/carbotechs but expect to pay between £113-£125 or the next level down is hawk hps at about £85 or next level down black diamond predators for about £55. That's all my opinion and from reviews I've read, I wouldn't personally look at EBC, heard far too many bad experiences from people on and off the track. Front discs I'd probably go for a well tried brand, bremtech (lot's of track preludes use them and apparently most accord type-r owners) do yours for £22 a side standard or £31 for grooved (each disc that is). Then just stock replacements for the rears unless you have deep pockets and want to spend the above again!! Very Happy Then you just need a good fluid, don't always rush out for any 5.1 fluid, it's a common misconception that just because it has 5.1 on it that it's the best stuff. What you want it something with high boiling points. For example I use castrol super dot 4 and that has higher boiling points than most 5.1 fluids out there. Up to you but as with discs and pads you can spend a fortune eg motul rbf600/rbf660, you do get what you pay for with brakes though generally! Hope all that helps!
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

Nice base to start with! A Cooper S bonnet/intake might be an idea to keep inlet temps down
Back to top Go down
AyJay
Learner
Learner
AyJay

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Ahh this advice is spot on Sam cheers! Where's the best places to search for all this stuff then? for the cheapest prices like!

And chris, i'm not sure about the bonnet thing coz I don't want it to look like the S because it isn't :/
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:07 pm

For Bremtech discs and standard pads search for brakes international.

Search for cambridge motorsports for good pads or just search for any of the brand names for stockists.

Best place for servicing needs (oils and filters) is opie oils with a club discount code!
Back to top Go down
jamesy
Moderators
Moderators
jamesy

Male Number of posts : 2769

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:05 am

Be nice to see it out on track now get on the mini owners club and whore some new members Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's Mini Cooper   Andrew's Mini Cooper Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew's Mini Cooper
Page 1 of 1