Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevie
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Stevie

Male Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-12-26

Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! Empty
PostSubject: Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!   Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am

My missus and I needed a new radiator for our little Daihatsu HiJet, so we tried various places before we put our details into a spare finder website, with our VRN and vehicle details.

JJP contacted my missus saying they had a 'RECONDITIONED' radiator in stock and could have it to us by Friday, we needed it in a hurry as we had a weekend away planned in the van. My missus asked me to phone them to check it was the right part, so I phoned them, made sure it was for the right year, model and engine size. They confirmed all my questions saying it was a reconditioned unit ready to ship. So my missus ordered it.

I get back on Friday night and this apparent 'RECONDITIONED' unit gets delivered in sh*tty old soggy smelly cardboard, poorly wrapped!

Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! IMG_0450
Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! IMG_0453

I check it next to our van and it's 30mm too wide and 50mm to tall to fit in the gap, the radiator cap is in the wrong place so it's clearly the wrong shape! So my missus rings them to tell them they've sent the wrong one, and some rather rude chap comes on the phone saying she's ordered the wrong part and its our fault that we've got the wrong part, even after I told them the year, model and engine size! They told us to ship it back at our expense to get a refund which we have now done, only to get a refund minus the shipping that they sent us, when my missus confronted them about the missing shipment payments, saying she'll go to Trading Standards if they don't refund her fully, they laughed at her calling her Darling and being generally rude on the phone!

So now we're £20 out of pocket due to these scamming traders!

Moral of the story, DON'T go to Jimmy's Jap Parts, research what you buy and who you buy from, and don't use these spare finder websites!

After we got the wrong part I done a little googling and found these reviews of the company so any kind of Small Claims Court action would be useless as they'd fold and open up as something different.

http://www.danfreakley.co.uk/blog/midland-jap-parts-scam/

http://www.americanautoparts.co.uk/pdf/aap%20insight%20news%20october.pdf

The scum - http://www.jimmysjapparts.co.uk/

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!   Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 am

I've being to that place with parts when l worked at Jeep! One of the guys had a jeep. A right poopoo hole sorry to hear you got ripped off mate! It was midland jap parts when l had being as said above.
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!   Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 am

Gutted to hear mate. sound like right knobbers, but what do you expect from brummies? No offence Ad lol
Back to top Go down
Stevie
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Stevie

Male Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!   Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 am

I'm pissed off about the £20, but as long as I stop people using them I'll be happy. Just hope people use google and find topics like this to find out what scammers they are!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!   Jimmys Jap Parts  in Birmingham, AVOID! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jimmys Jap Parts in Birmingham, AVOID!
Page 1 of 1