Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

too good (cheap) to be true?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MGM
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2841
Registration date : 2008-07-05

too good (cheap) to be true? Empty
PostSubject: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:42 am

Back to top Go down
James
Can handle a Powerslide
Can handle a Powerslide
James

Male Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:26 am

go for it
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 am

good price but "look" like raceland ones which have leaked in past...if you want a good setup stick with what people know. Billies for non coilovers, kw/h&r for premium and gaz for budget coilovers
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:40 am

I've asked what brand they are so we'll see what he comes back with. I'm sure they look a bit v-maxx as well?
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:46 am

apparently they are TA Technix, a german make. a quick google gives mixed reports.
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 am

TA technix is same as my manifold alex, same design as raceland products just built a little better "apparently"...so thats why my gearbox mount broke of the manifold then. Sad

Raceland, Jamex, V-Maxx and G-max are all the same design coilovers only a couple of the companies use a different damper supplier but the dampers are utter shite being too soft and can give very unpredictable handling. Oh and they claim to lower to 120mm thats utter crap aswell because the top mounts they come with can only compensate down to 80mm max you have to change to Grp N top spring pan from AST or Pugsport.

I did alot of reading up on these along with Gaz and H&R coilovers and the general Consensus was get a good quality non adjustable damper&spring setup if you don't wanna pay over £400.

theres a great thread about these on 106oc makes for a good read. i'll try and find it.

Last edited by woz_106 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 am

I will have to have a proper look at your setup next week, 106 suspension is bloody confusing Laughing
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 am

the problem being is there are far to many different types and it's easy to choose a shite one. took me ages of searching about to find me back at my original plan...buy Bilstein.
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 pm

TBH like i said yesterday they look like coilovers for coilovers sake. 'I've got a 106 on coilies'

Tbh the only one i've ever driven on coils was FAR to hard on the front, the cars are just too light to warrent coilovers. Unless your going custom with some nice soft ones like the City, just stick with Billies
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: too good (cheap) to be true?   too good (cheap) to be true? Empty

Back to top Go down

too good (cheap) to be true?
Page 1 of 1