Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

So yeah...i've been test driving this today

Go down 
+3
MGM
James
woz_106
7 posters
AuthorMessage
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

So yeah...i've been test driving this today Empty
PostSubject: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:18 am

Back to top Go down
James
Can handle a Powerslide
Can handle a Powerslide
James

Male Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 am

kerching!
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
MGM
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2841
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:37 am

nice. planning on using it as a daily?
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

Male Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:16 am

You buying? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetrackdayclub.com/
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 am

yeah i'll be selling the 106 and getting one.

Masher - Not that one specifically it's overpriced for what it is(can't see why people paid 25k for them new) can pick em up alot cheaper than that now.

Everything about it was 10x what the 106 is.
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

Female Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 pm

ooh i like that!!! very sexy :-)
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm

16k is a lot of money for one of them

think there is a decent buyers guide on the vx220 forum, just make sure there's no cracks or pain defects in the clamshells - I seem to remember something about some of them having a serious paint defect that meant replacing the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Alex you are so funny!! very nice of you to worry about Woz's safety Razz
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 am

i can't see why anyone would pay that for one tbh, they are nice but not "that" nice if you know.

Yeah been reading up about them already...and thankfully they don't benifit from a air filter so hopefully it will stop me moddifying this one. Would have liked a wastegate however the turbo is recirculating so it would reduce power.
tbh i doubt i would get tired of the turbo spooling as the revs climb. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 am

just try to avoid going out if there is the slightest hint of water on the road Laughing
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 am

isn't that what makes it "interesting" ???? Surprised
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 am

tbh they arn't that bad for it alex...for some reason they carry this rumour like the mr2 rev 1 turbos that one drop of water and thats it, it's game over...however after spending a week on vx220.org they arn't like that at all, just the same as any other biggish power rwd car.

when I test drove it, it was damp in places and it held 70 round an island as if my 106 was doing it at 40.

the main difference between the 106 and the vxt is with the 106 you can afford to drive like a yob and turn in harsh and jab at the throttle...do that with the vxt and it'll hit you like lewis.
Back to top Go down
keo
Learner
Learner
keo

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:27 am

woz get one you wont regret it! I loved mine for the whole 7 weeks i had it lol, i got caught out in mine, oh well you live and learn. I want another one one day but dont think i would have one as a daily again. Although it wasnt that bad for me i didnt have a problem gettingin and out of it with me being small, and i dont need pratical, i just worried when ever i needed to leave i any where lol.
They are cheap to run apart from insurance i paid 1500 at 21 with 3 years no claims so not that bad cheaper than a less powerful elise as well. If you get one id reccomend getting one with a hardtop as imo they look better woth it on and they are expensive ( i sold mine for £500) to buy second hand.
Keep me updated with what you get up to and i will try not to be to jelous honest lol
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 am

lol, i don't know yet mate...I'm the same don't need the practical side of anything as I don't use the car that often and when I do it's normally driven vigerously.

I did like it and loved the sound of the turbo spooling in your ear, only thing is the prices for them seem to have jumped in the last month...you could pick a tubby up for 8k now the cheapest one is about 9.5k.

The only reason why I was looking was because I can't insure a S2K but now it seems...I CAN! gonna test drive an S and see what I think of those as they will i'm sure make the better daily however the VX would be the better hoot, it's just how much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Just get an S1 Elise and a Honda K20a engine Razz

I'd say thats my plan in the next few years, but my plans change too often.
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 pm

if you're open to alternatives....I can only see an s2k being a bit plain after a vx220t

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/list.asp?s=573

so worth a look
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1335556.htm

OR

spend slightly less on one of these....

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1366475.htm

and pocket the change towards the kit car when you can get insured
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:22 am

your going to love this,

MX-5 = Too limpwristed, love the way they drive just not the reputation and looks

Z3M = Never liked the z3s, always prefered a z4m

an S2K is about the same speed as a vx220N/A just better built and for the money 5k cheaper than the above BMWs, plus I can whack a turbo on when I get bored and have 400bhp+ to play with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keo
Learner
Learner
keo

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:28 am

i thought about a s2000 i especialy like them in red, but i thought it wouldnt be hard enough and the civic left a bad taste in my mouth so i was put off hondas, well more dissapointed i would say in the driving of the car, the car its self was realy nice lol. Just hated the electric power steering no feel at all. Although i am having the type r itch again i want to try a dc2 integra, would love a dc5 but if i was spending that money id get a VXT
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 am

wrong layout for me mate needs to be RWD next. Gonna blag a test drive in an S2K see what I think of them...so we'll see how it goes.

Prices of the tubbys have gone up again though, how much did you pay for yours keo? oh btw you going to the meet on the 6th?
Back to top Go down
keo
Learner
Learner
keo

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:07 am

yh im going the meet mate

paid 12500 for mine, 2003 plate with about 30k on it, interior was a bit taty, drivers bolsetrs wears but that is just the nature of the car how you have to climb into them. Exterior wasnt imacualte but i think i paid a fair price for it, it was red with the hardtop what i wanted and once i test drove it and felt/ heard the turbo that was it i had to have it lol

So yeah...i've been test driving this today 4595_206778070323_896190323_6995034_108859_n

So yeah...i've been test driving this today 14636_343409880323_896190323_9678079_4170611_n
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:25 am

lmao bet the person whos house it was, was very happy with you!

looked nice though mate, and yeah I know what you mean about hearing the turbo spooling behind you...sounded awesome!
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:48 pm

only other things I can think of off the top of my head that are rwd and in your budget are

rx7 - getting on now and not known for reliability
rx8 - soulless wierdy doored oil & fuel gobbling munter of a car
350z - you can't have one, end of
s14a 200sx - interesting option
some form of skyline
Clio V6?
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 pm

:O Clio V6...
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:51 am

clio V6 - Nope its french
350Z - Wouldn't want one, never been a fan
200SX - Sometimes I like them sometimes I don't (Don't ask)
RX-7 - Was looking at them a while ago
300ZX - Still a contender but same as the reasons you said about the RX-7
Skyline - Would only want a R34
Supra - Would love one but finding a turbo, T-Bar, Manual in decent nick for my budget is impossible.

The main thing that attracts me to the S2K is the fact it won't take a lot to make it look like this!
Cool

So yeah...i've been test driving this today Max1-2
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 am

it'll still be next to useless on UK roads Razz
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:50 am

anyone know how smooth the roads are in Ireland as thats where that car is from, think it's over here now though as it was sold when I first started looking.

I don't go down any roads with speed humps theres always another way round. Laughing
Back to top Go down
keo
Learner
Learner
keo

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:12 am

that s2000 is gorgeous, bet its not as much fun as a 220 though mate, boost over vtech anyday! Smile

the garden i landed in lol, the old bloke who lived there didnt even know id done it but someone must of told his daughetr and she was soon on the secne, not nice getting nagged at when you just smashed your car. "My dads wall"
"My fudging car!" lol
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 am

MGM wrote:
rx7 - getting on now and not known for reliability

Rumours are Chevy V8 slots straight in Very Happy

Last edited by Masher on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:23 am

thread after thread on that very subject on PH, but tbh if he's going to do that he might as well just go and build a kit car

I did have 2 further thoughts on this subject, and then that's my RWD knowledge exhausted Laughing

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1326648.htm

or

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1348941.htm

Ignoring the usual car forum bullocks, whole lot of car for not a lot of money and I wish I'd known Boxsters were that cheap now before I'd got the 197
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 am

Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:33 am

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1323371.htm

not being funny but at these prices we should all get one and change the club name to Boxster4Track
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:42 am

My Dad had a Boxter S, was an awesome car. I know most people are probably going to say it's a womens car etc but have you thought about an Audi TT? My Dad replaced the Boxter with the 225 Quattro and for £300 had it mapped to 270bhp(ish). Or must it be rwd?
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:48 pm

i would be very happy to have a boxster lol they come in auto and i could drive like normal boxster twat heads do lol
better start saving though.....alex can keep the 197 for the tesco run lmao :-)
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:04 pm

don't like the boxster never been a fan of porsche egg splat headlights.
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:19 am

to common K, i've seen tons round my way over summer(well that spell we had when it wasn't raining between last winter and now) Laughing
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 am

what about an E36 M3?
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 pm

was thinking about one of them alex, however it's big money when they do go wrong...bloke at my work was looking at getting one for track use and spoke to a mate of his who just left BMW.

But they don't really float my boat as a daily, again it would be a second car...which would then be rendered pointless as I may aswell get a kit car.
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 am

If it is a second Weekend/track car you want then you really can't go wrong with a Caterham/ Westfield or the cheaper MK Indy/Tiger etc. You won't get a more interesing faster vehicle on four wheels for the same money! The only thing that puts me off them is i'm so far from most tracks i'd certainly need a trailer, because they aren't the sort of car you can sit on the motorway in for long periods of time without going crazy.
Back to top Go down
keo
Learner
Learner
keo

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 am

vxt is perfect comprimise mate, you know it Smile
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 am

thats the reason I want just one car that will do both to a decent standard and atm the only ones that float my boat are the s2k & VX220 turbo/N.A
Back to top Go down
MGM
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 am

stop mincing and go buy one already Razz
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:57 am

What about a GTM Libra? RWD, practical, it's a kit car (and like most hold their price well), space framed, plenty about with Civic K20a engines in now. I know some people really won't like them but it's something ive been looking into, since you can now pick a decent example up for £9k with low miles and a decent engine in the back.

So yeah...i've been test driving this today News_4_gtmlibra
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 am

ooooo i'll have a look. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 am

Ive seen a few in the flesh and they have everything you need from an every day car.
Back to top Go down
Special K
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Special K

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:11 pm

how can you mince in cotton pyjamas!??? :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So yeah...i've been test driving this today   So yeah...i've been test driving this today Empty

Back to top Go down

So yeah...i've been test driving this today
Page 1 of 1