Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

A used set of R888's, how much they worth??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Burp
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Burp

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2008-08-13

A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? Empty
PostSubject: A used set of R888's, how much they worth??   A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:20 am

Might be able to do a deal on a used set of Toyo R888's in 195/50R15

Exactly what i need.

Two are ok about 2mm and two are on the wear markers. (they only have 4mm when new) Not any good for the road but would easily do a handful more track days.

Would mean getting a spare set of wheels and changing them at the track (and imo looking a bit of a knob) prob worth it tho if the cost is right, would also mean id have a set of road wheels/wet track tyres if i turned up to a scene from 'the day after tomorrow' on a track day.

Got to be the way forward (even tho i've always said id never do it)

So what they worth?

A new set is about 240-250
Back to top Go down
http://www.Burpspeed.com
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: A used set of R888's, how much they worth??   A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:13 pm

About bloody time Razz

TBH you can pick up full on used slicks for about the £100 mark, being R888's means their 'popular' but personally i wouldn't pay any more than that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Burp
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
Burp

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: A used set of R888's, how much they worth??   A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Got them now, they turned out to be 205/50R15's. false advertising i say!
Got them for £65 plus a battery for the guys car.

Also got a pair of 195/50's off someone else that are on the markers. Only cost me a beer and a curry!

A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? IMAGE_061

Not sure what to do with them as i cant mix and match them now being two different sizes, or can I?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Burpspeed.com
adey1984
Learner
Learner
adey1984

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: A used set of R888's, how much they worth??   A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:52 am

yeah mix and match long u keep thesame size on the same axel ull be fine, put the bigger on the rear if you find it a bit tail happy. also got a techy email from a toyo man explaining the pressure to run and how you can fine tune the handling using different pressures front and rear.

nice 195s uve got there, cheers for the heads up on the site, ill post up a hello thread this weekend sometime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A used set of R888's, how much they worth??   A used set of R888's, how much they worth?? Empty

Back to top Go down

A used set of R888's, how much they worth??
Page 1 of 1