Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea

Go down 
+3
Norledge
Sam
bomber
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bomber
Experienced
Experienced
bomber

Male Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-08-14

European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea Empty
PostSubject: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 am

Im not sure why i didnt post this closer to the time we did this, but in June, myself and 6 other mates including Jezer and Dan Freeman, both members on here went on a little trip. it was then published in FastCar magazine 2 months ago as Wurzel/ ph-reebone/ Neil is also a good friend and just happened to come along too.

anyway, below is what Mr Freeman wrote up for another forum 3 months ago, i sadly take no credit for most of the photos, and definitely none for the write-up but will accept all credit for spending 3 months organising our 8 day trip Wink

Enjoy...

European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea Header

Trip Preperation

Day 1 - Home to France

Day 2 - Lake Geneve

Day 3 - Furka Pass, San Bernadino Pass

Day 4 - Stelvio Pass

Day 5 - Sinsheim Museum

Day 6 - Nurburgring

Day 7 - Night out in Bruge

Day 8 - Return Home

Not much more I can add really. I was one of the best experiences I've had, and I'm pretty sure we'll be doing something similar next year too!

This is all written from Dan's perspective, but all of us had epic time and I for one, will be doing it again next year.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:12 am

OMFG... took me like an hour to read but...

Wow Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 am

Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Just read it all, some amazing roads/views and food Razz

Frankly i think you should work out a way of posting the route so others can follow Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:21 am

I have just read all of it! looks like it was one fantastic trip.
One I want to do now!

Not watched all the videos yet but will do. Oh and I am extremely jealous of the ring alarm clock!!!

Agree with stu, post the route, I might have to get planning!
Back to top Go down
bomber
Experienced
Experienced
bomber

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 am

ive always been nervous posting the route, some bits of it i'd change. the say over the stelvio pass was hell tbh. 9am till about 6.30pm driving 4 stripped out track cars was hell really.

i do have the details saved, and MAY post the links up if anyone ever wanted. i'd change it slightly first though
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 am

Day 4? Wasn't that the shortest day?

PM them me if you REALLY want too Razz
Back to top Go down
bomber
Experienced
Experienced
bomber

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:20 am

mileage wise i think it was the shortest. hour wise, it was gobshite tbh. started too far away and finished too far the other side. the whole way up and down the mountain i dont think i got out of 2nd gear

although the campsite that night was amazing, American diner in the middle of know where lol
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 am

Are Dan's cost guesstimates right? Seem surprisingly low!
Back to top Go down
Zmaster2k
Experienced
Experienced
Zmaster2k

Male Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:11 am

spoke to neil at FCS said it was amazing.!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawcurvesphotography.co.uk
bomber
Experienced
Experienced
bomber

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:49 am

i went halves on fuel with Jez, i spent about £700 - 800 i think. was over budget but had to be done. and ive already been given the go-ahead to do it again next year Smile

the clio shat a driveshaft at the Ring, limped home but we were lucky with very little breakdowns
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

Male Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I read all this on Cliosport a few months ago, really looks like a fantastic trip. Everytime I see the photos it gets me excited, looking to do a similar trip in May - Nurburgring, Switzerland, Monaco etc. Very Happy Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.topalwaysdown.co.uk
bomber
Experienced
Experienced
bomber

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:18 am

Zmaster2k wrote:
spoke to neil at FCS said it was amazing.!

We've possibly met then, i was the ginger guy that came up to FCS with Neil

Rallye James wrote:
I read all this on Cliosport a few months ago, really looks like a fantastic trip. Everytime I see the photos it gets me excited, looking to do a similar trip in May - Nurburgring, Switzerland, Monaco etc. Very Happy Can't wait!

ive been to Monaco by air but for some reason still really want to go back in the car. that should be an epic trip, glad we had 4/5 photographers to remember it all with!!
Back to top Go down
AndyMS43
Experienced
Experienced
AndyMS43

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:15 am

A epic read and a epic trip! I really must do something like this at some point in my life!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea   European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea Empty

Back to top Go down

European Road Trip write up, world famous. oooh yea
Page 1 of 1