Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...

Go down 
+4
Norledge
nellers2001
Reechard
SidewaysSammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SidewaysSammy
Beginner
Beginner

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... Empty
PostSubject: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 am

Hi I'm Sam. Joined this forum as I'm wanting to do a few track days during next year and wanted to see what the competition is like Very Happy

I'm new to track days. I originally started off as a night Road Rally navigator and then when i passed my driving test, got the bug for driving, went to rally school and the rest is history! Now, i am an experienced sprint and hill climb competitor in an Mitsi Evo 4 and a Golf GTi... also, i am an experienced Rally Co-Driver where i sit next to a national driver in a ex-works 08 spec Suzuki Swift Sport Cup Rally Car! I also marshal on a lot of rallies, sprints, hill climbs etc...

So i thought i'd share my time between all that and have a go..

So, i have just bought myself a tidy 1995 Pug 106 1600 XSi Phase 1... the plan is to use this as a multi-purpose car (MSA Stage Log Book it etc...) and use it for as many different events as i can!

I will post some up to date pics soon!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:52 am

Welcome to the club, seems like you have been pretty busy.

Always fancied doing road rallies as my cousin does them.

Get some pictures of your cars up.
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:21 am

Welcome! Where did you hear about the club!
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:36 am

Wow nice scope of experience there!

Welcome over, nothing really planned till Feb, but be sure to stick around!
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 am

Welcome bud sounds like you've got some fun stuff going on Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... 734853
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am

welcome mate, thats quite an early driving experience you've had.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 am

Welcome mate!

I envy your life Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
SidewaysSammy
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:03 am

Lol, I saw the club advertised on a white 106 rallye i saw parked up a few months ago! And i wanted to do some track days, so thought this is the place lol! Heres some vids of me previously...

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1500301430845

^^Sorry about the filming quality... this is me in the evo 4 race car (380bhp)^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjeW_dd8FA

^^Im in the red Mk3 Golf GTi from 2min 30 ish onwards ^^

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1333464892#!/video/video.php?v=450456097272

^^Here is the XSi in current guise^^

Cheers
Back to top Go down
SidewaysSammy
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Sorry didnt do the links properly!
here they are properly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Q44Q02z3E
^^Sorry about the filming quality... this is me in the evo 4 race car (380bhp)^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLgOnfsayys
^^Here is the XSi in current guise^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjeW_dd8FA
^^Im in the red Mk3 Golf GTi from 2min 30 ish onwards ^^
Back to top Go down
Whiting
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Whiting

Male Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 am

Welcome mate.

Not a bad life 2bf.. Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000008991446
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 am

Where did you see the rallye?
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 am

ahhhh was the rallye really track orientated as the only one I can think of is cyber.
Back to top Go down
SidewaysSammy
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 am

it was in plymouth, stripped, caged and with sandy brown stickers on it. s1 rallye in white.
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 am

Yeah does sound like cyber's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...   Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, Im Sam an i'm new to trackdays, thought i would have a go at something else besides...
Page 1 of 1