Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

106 exhaust system for trackdays.

Go down 
+4
Sam
Chris_429
Norledge
Dave-R
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

Male Number of posts : 1593
Registration date : 2009-05-07

106 exhaust system for trackdays. Empty
PostSubject: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:26 am

As some of you know, my car is just too noisy for trackdays. Which is a shame because I love the sound of the Supersprint.

I was black flagged at Bedford because of it. I was given a very stern warning about it at Goodwood. It's just too much of a ball ache now when you're spending over £100 for a day and can't enjoy it.

So I need to find me a new exhaust system. Kam Racing do a backbox that looks the same as the Supersprint but is apparently quieter. Not sure how much quieter it'll be though. The next obvious choice would be a Pugsport system. It's a "proper" GrpN system so should be perfect for any track.

Woz, I'm assuming you never had any issues with your Pugsport and the noise?

The only downside to the Pugsport would be the build quality. I'm always hearing that it needs welding and cable ties to hold it together!
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:53 am

Build quality of the Pugsport matches the car though Wink

In seriousness, doe's the supersprint have a 'dummy cat'? Essentially an enpty box in the middle...
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 am

No, it's a 50mm bore straight through system.

Maybe a "sports cat" with the Kam Racing backbox would do the trick. Bit of a gamble though.
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:02 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:16 am

Cheers Razz

Spoke to Kev @ Kam Racing and he suggested the Supersprint centre pipe with mid silencer. Should reduce the noise by about 10dB. Which should just about do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 am

The Kam Racing is essentially the same sound of the Supersprint, just quieter, it's similar to Piper's offerings in volume, which is why I always recommend it to people wanting something quieter than the Supersprint.

I'd be either looking at that, or a silencer, but that will really quieten it down. I personally would go nowhere near a Pugsport, but saying that I just have never really liked them lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 am

Thanks Chris.

I'd rather just have it a lot quieter and never have to worry about noise limits again. Having to short shift or not use the full rev range is a complete pain in the backside. Feel like you've wasted the day and a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:49 am

Pu..pu..pugg..pugsport!

Woz's was nice Smile thats all I can go by Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 am

Silencer sounds spot on for you then tbh Dave!
Back to top Go down
Rallye James
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Rallye James

Male Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 am

Pugsport's are kind of hit and miss in my experience.

The old style one I had on the white one was a nightmare, kept falling off. The new (four hanger) version I've got on the black one is spot on and was a doddle to fit (I literally drove two wheels on the kerb and laid underneath doing it!)

If you're going for new I'd definitely day Pugsport.

I liked the Superspint, but the noise got annoying after a while and it never looked as good IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.topalwaysdown.co.uk
cyb3r
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
cyb3r

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:34 am

Just use a pugsport. I have never had any issues! even with bodies singing at full chat! And thats loud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vinmotorposrt.co.uk
AndyMS43
Experienced
Experienced
AndyMS43

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 am

I think im gonna have this trouble as ive just got an OMP Inox lol, but ive spoken to sonny from 106 OC whos got a bodied rallye and hes never had any trouble, and you can avtually buy bunga to stick in the tail pipe? So thats another possible option?
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 pm

as said dave, I never got flagged with the pugsport and it was running at 96db at most trackdays so didn't have a problem...my only gripe with it was the build quality, the back box snapped once, and the 2 centre pipes had snapped 5 times in total between them.
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Ordered a Supersprint centre pipe with silencer. Cheaper than changing the entire system and should do the job.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 106 exhaust system for trackdays.   106 exhaust system for trackdays. Empty

Back to top Go down

106 exhaust system for trackdays.
Page 1 of 1