Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Anglesey today...any one there?

Go down 
+3
woz_106
Norledge
spritely
7 posters
AuthorMessage
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Anglesey today...any one there? Empty
PostSubject: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 am

Been to Anglesey to day with the Clio and our Sie with the Elise 160, any one there.

Had an absolutely brilliant day except for cooking the Clio brakes on lap 2 but made do by just dabbing them evry now and then and scrubbing the speed off with plenty of lock...!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 am

Long time no see!

Which route did you run?
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Norledge wrote:
Long time no see!

Which route did you run?

Club circuit with that lovely corkscrew,, nice track, spun off in the Elise (old cold tyres excuse) coming up to the top of the hill before you drop down to the corkscrew, no problem got back on and did it propper for a few laps. Came in when I was goin a bit too quick and risking stuffing it in the tyres. The Elise drifts nice on worn road tyres though.
Clio was a barrel of laughs, new Hancooks were pretty good it's a shame the brakes wern't up to it, new pads an all.
Ned to go Castrol SRF and uprate the pads and then it will stop at the hair pin instead of going round the outside of it sideways.

Good fun though,

Got another computer at last so been off line a bit and busy fixing the Lamd Rover, still not done but we'll get there.

Donnington next I think with a bit of luck.. Smile
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 am

Weather was perfect, I'll get some more pics when I've finished the decorating

Anglesey today...any one there? DSC_0884_exposure-1

Anglesey today...any one there? DSC_0059_exposure-1[b] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:48 am

glad you had fun mate, were planning an angelsey weekender next year should be a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:20 am

woz_106 wrote:
glad you had fun mate, were planning an angelsey weekender next year should be a good laugh.

Never laughed so much for ages, that Clio was great even with soggy brakes, couldn't go wrong even with me driving.

Anglesey coastal circuit (not club - got it wrong) is the business but gets boring in a posh car, really need my project finishing, there's more satisfaction in getting it right in a bitsa car.
The Elise was enjoyable to drive and I feel privileged to have been offered the chance to chuck it round the track. Like a propper race car with the suspension kit and bigger brakes, needs more power though

What a day though, I had four or five laps with only me and one other car on the track and he was half a lap behind, well he could have been half a lap in front but I'm not goin to admit that.
The Elise was very loud and you could hear it going round whilst sitting in the canteen but they were very good about it and didn't pull it off for that. They weren't bothered about squealing tyres either like some tracks are.
I did notice that the wind was blowing out to sea which is probably why they ignored the noise as it would be carried away from houses etc.

Looking forward to a track day with B4T , not so many tricked up expensive cars like the porsche I passed in the Clio and the 370bhp Scooby on slicks that couldn't catch our Sie in the Elise Smile ....you know the ones I mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 am

Looks like a good day.

Looking forward to seeing you at one of our track days, mainly cause you have some nice cars and i want a passenger ride Razz
Back to top Go down
Sam
Track God
Track God
Sam

Male Number of posts : 2143
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 am

Looks like good fun mate Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.samtalksshiz.blogspot.com
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:35 am

Good day by the sounds of it bud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:54 am

Reechard wrote:
Looks like a good day.

Looking forward to seeing you at one of our track days, mainly cause you have some nice cars and i want a passenger ride Razz

My cars I wish, ...can get you a ride though if you dont mind being driven round by a pensioner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am

lmao you must be the faster pensioner I've met, well done!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am

spritely wrote:
Reechard wrote:
Looks like a good day.

My cars I wish, ...can get you a ride though if you dont mind being driven round by a pensioner Very Happy

Im used to Stu driving the disco about so im sure you'll be quicker than that Razz

Nah as long as I am on track Im happy, although thats started to become if I am driving on track I am happy.
Watching isnt cutting it.

Ah hired cars for the day then?
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am

Reechard wrote:
spritely wrote:
Reechard wrote:
Looks like a good day.

Im used to Stu driving the disco about so im sure you'll be quicker than that Razz

Nah as long as I am on track Im happy, although thats started to become if I am driving on track I am happy.
Watching isnt cutting it.

Ah hired cars for the day then?

Not hired no, they belong to my son who spends all his spare cash on cars instead of being sensible.

Lucky me gets invited for a drive when he goes out to play. We were hoping to get the Clio and the Elise on track together but decided against it as one of us would have binned it for sure and I chickened out any way cause I looked quite fast on my own to the spectators and didn't want to spoil the illusion by being wasted by my offspring along the pit straight.
Any way we are supposed to be out somewhere in two weeks if funds allow and then again in January so looking forward to that, I think it's Donnington in two weeks.
Trouble with track days is that they are like a drug and you want to get back for more as soon as possible, we only usually manage one or two days a year but Sie's job gets him invites for track days so not too bad.
Going to do a few next year though cause lifes too short. Very Happy

By the way the Nissan didn't catch me

Anglesey today...any one there? DSC_0904_exposure-1 Wink
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 am

awesome mate make sure those dates are through us, what does your son do?
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:38 am

woz_106 wrote:
awesome mate make sure those dates are through us, what does your son do?

He was an instructor showing peeps how to make a caterham go quick but he stopped diong it for a while after my other son , who was a race car instructor , died (nowt to do with cars)

We usually go round a 'new' track together giving each other tips on what we think are the best lines, we usually agree then give it a go to see who is fastest, I'm not as quick as him cause he would only sulk if I was. Smile

He does motor parts now like engine bits for the trade, handy when something breaks.
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 am

Hahaha just show him up and then rub it in lol.

Sorry to hear about your other son.

Sounds like hes in the right business for liking cars.
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 am

Reechard wrote:
Hahaha just show him up and then rub it in lol.

We have different driving styles, I'm a bit old fashioned and tend to chuck it in a corner and see what happens, but it isn't the quickest way to do it or so he keeps telling me.
Seems to work with a Clio with no brakes though.

Smile
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Looks like a really good day. Look forward to doing this track in the future!
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Lobing it in and see what happens is the best way sod all this slow in fast out tosh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anglesey today...any one there?   Anglesey today...any one there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anglesey today...any one there?
Page 1 of 1