Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?

Go down 
+4
Reechard
Masher
woz_106
spritely
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? Empty
PostSubject: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:12 am

Just booked Oulton on 25th Feb Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Any one else going?

I'm taking the Clio and my brother who will be on his first track day so I'll have to break him in Shocked

Our Sie is taking the silver Elise 160 so we should have a good day as long as the weather holds. If it rains I think we will be all in the Clio

Just wondering if I can persuade some one to pay for a garage for us so as we can brew up. Smile

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 am

just do what we do...park in one thats not being used Laughing
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

Male Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am

Was looking at going on 12th as it was only £105, but don't know if i'll have enough miles on my engine to actually use it properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetrackdayclub.com/
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 am

Masher wrote:
Was looking at going on 12th as it was only £105, but don't know if i'll have enough miles on my engine to actually use it properly.

Come on the 25th and nurse the engine and then I'll at least be able to keep up with someone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 am

If llandow wasnt 2 days before then I would consider this.

Oulton is one track I really want to do.
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

Doubtful i could do the 25th anyway, as ive a hill climbing meet the following Sunday.. That is assuming i even have sufficient miles on the engine to compete.

Reechard there's another decent priced day on 29th March for £149
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 pm

update,

I'm still going but not putting the Clio on track for various reasons, I'll be blagging a drive in the Elise and anyone else who will let me (not many...hardly any... Sad )

I've sold my track time to someone who was desperate to go and couldn't because it was booked up solid.

Plus I'm now broke after redoing the kitchen which has ended up costing an arm and a leg so couldn't really afford the petrol and also the front tyres would have been almost gone after a day round Oulton so common sense says sell the day and have some fun as passenger and the odd lap in the Lotus.

If you are going then I'll be with the Norlog lads (Lotus forum) or sat in the Blue Clio cup with the yellow novice sticker in the back window or blaggin a brew from the Lotus lads, they are sure to have a garage with the kettle on.
Let's hope for a decent day seein as we'll be drivin the spinning machines with all the weight at the back and sod all on the front, very nice in the dry but in the wet the rear end always wants to overtake you for some reason...that's my excuse anyway. Wink

Say hello if you are goin and maybe I could have a look at yer car... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:12 am

Right......all set, I've sold me track time and we are going to use the Elise in the morning while it's dry and the Clio in the afternoon when it's sposed to be raining.
I've changed the Clio fluid for Castrol SRF and swapped the front tyres for the backs so should be ok.
I've put 31 psi in the cold tyres all round so we can always let a bit out if it gets a bit skittery.
I've washed and waxed it...very important... packed the helmets and got me licence, also got two jerry cans for fuel strapped in the boot, I'll fill em up at Sainsbury's in the morning.
The Elise will use three tanks if we use it all day but see how we go and I'll fill the Clio up as well. Very Happy

|Looking forward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 am

Good luck tomorrow and hope you have less broken cars than the Llandow day yesterday!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am

Have a good one!

Get plenty of pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Reechard
Track God
Track God

Male Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2010-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 am

Masher wrote:
Doubtful i could do the 25th anyway, as ive a hill climbing meet the following Sunday.. That is assuming i even have sufficient miles on the engine to compete.

Reechard there's another decent priced day on 29th March for £149

Im out of action for a little bit, till i know whats up with the mr2.
Back to top Go down
Adam86
Treasurer
Treasurer
Adam86

Male Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am

Get some pics up when your back mate.
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:34 am

Have fun mate oulton is an awesome circuit enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:48 am

Took a few pics (5) but mine are rubbish and blurred and I cant get them up on the site as my photobucket thingy has failed.

Flippin brilliant day though, destroyed the front pads on the Elise, had to drive it home on the handbrake to save the discs from getting ruined.
Sold me day to an Exige driver who was on his first track day so I instructed him in the art of driving on the limit, well part way there anyway.
Day was spoiled for me by some pratts in a BMW on slicks and a Porshe GT3 on cut slicks who were intent on cutting every body up. The BM came up the inside on a fast corner while I was waiting for the guy in front to wave me past, nearly took my mirror off, then the Porshe nearly put me on the grass when the car in front of me indicated for me to pass and braked, I was gaining on him fast but the Porshe came up the inside and I ended up with all the wheels locked just managing to go right and miss the car in front by inches.

Thing is , I didn't invite them to pass me, I was in a queue for a bit while cars got past the slower one on the straights, it wasn't me that was slow it was the car in front and the Porshe and BMW were determined to get past at all costs,.
I went straight to race control and reported them as what they were doing was dangerous, it's not a race and if you are quicker then you should wait for the car in front to sort himself out and then wave or indicate you by.

Anyway one of them hit an expensive race car trying to get up the inside at druids and THAT is not on. He was off track for a bit and then sort of behaved after that.

But otherwise very good, the elise was very drivable on the dry track and was easy to slide all over the place until the brakes started to give out and that was interesting.
we did 197 miles between us on track and used two and a half tanks of fuel.

I took my mate out for a few laps and then he went out in an Exige with a big intercooler in the back, when he got in he said that I was quicker so that made my day Very Happy

Some nice cars there, 205 was very quick, as was a couple of old Golfs.
Apart from the cocks, like the one who got blue flagged and indicated for me to pass then went for it and held me off so I had to brake hard and dangerous at the next corner. He did this repeatedly for half a lap so I backed off for a bit and then caught him up again.
Dont know what some of these people are on...is it me Mad
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 am

Argh nothing ruins a day more than someone with too much money thinking they can drive. Like you said it's not a race, it's a trackday.

Never mind, glad you enjoyed the day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

Male Number of posts : 1593
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 am

I can sympathise spritely. Had one at my last day. Standard Saxo. Let everyone else past but me and I'd guess it was because I was in a 106? I caught him up but he wouldn't let me past. I could have nipped around him and at one point I did get up along side him to prove a point but backed off because I wasn't going to overtake unless he signals for me to do so.

Anyway, following him and he decided to brake really hard for a corner which made me lock my brakes up. Thought I was going to wipe him out.

Best thing is to either back off for half a lap or go back to the pits and join the queue again. Don't let the red mist descend!

Have you still got your BMW spiretly?
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am

You're right about backing off, I do it sometimes because I would rather go for it on my own without some one nearly as quick right behind, it takes all the fun out of it when you start to race...well it does for me anyway Smile

Sadly I had to sell the BMW two years ago when my son died, it was his car and I couldn't drive it without thinking of him...sold it for 50 quid in the end just to get shut of it.
Many happy memories as well though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

Male Number of posts : 1593
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:36 am

It looks awesome. Do you know if it's still out there and being used?

And if you ever want to get shot of the Elise for £50, let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 am

Dave-R wrote:
It looks awesome. Do you know if it's still out there and being used?

And if you ever want to get shot of the Elise for £50, let me know Wink

Elise not mine unfortunately, it's my other son's, and I'm driving round in his Clio cup while I'm car - less as well. Nice to have a son like that and I appreciate it.

The BMW went to a bloke just south of Cheltenham and I'm not sure what he did with it. The suspension was very soft and it wasn't very fast (528i) but the straight six sounded lovely and it was great fun squealing the tyres everywhere and catching some very expensive machinery through the bends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Masher
Track God
Track God
Masher

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Sounds like you had a blast except for the few idiots, such a shame theres usually a wannabe race driver at most track days.
Back to top Go down
nellers2001
Moderators
Moderators
nellers2001

Male Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Sounds like you had a good day on track, shame about the idiots!
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 am

Backward facing camera to catch the flames coming out of the exhaust.

just had it on for a couple of laps but red flag stopped the fun on the second lap, the red flashes at the bottomof the screen are the flames out of the exhaust.

Not the quickest driver on the track but boy did I have some fun and dont forget that I'm on part worn road tyres and the brakes are nearly shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YbJifQ6uRg Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
spritely
Experienced
Experienced
spritely

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:40 am

If you can get the pictures from friday off here you are welcome, they are on his facebook thingy or he may post a link later I cant do it cause I'm a Numpty

The picture on the front cover is the Elise on Friday, still not got a number plate on it

http://norlog.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5902 Very Happy

Third pic down is me

http://norlog.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5904&p=52610#p52610 Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?   Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oulton on 25th Feb..anyone ?
Page 1 of 1