Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Project Black Beast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay GTI
Beginner
Beginner
Jay GTI

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Project Black Beast Empty
PostSubject: Project Black Beast   Project Black Beast EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 am

Copied from another forum

Well ive been on here long enough so its about time to start my progress blog. Lets start at the very beginning, I bought the GTI in November 2006 with 25k on the clock. It was owned by a women teacher before me who had it for 4 years so it was in immaculate condition.

Here's a back date of what ive done so far.

The alarm soon started playing up so I decided to get a CAT 1 Cobra alarm and also have my DVD screen installed at the same time.

Project Black Beast Imm001_0A

When I bought the car my first plan was to deck it out with a music system (my ideas soon changed later on) so I installed some Kenwood front door speakers and sunk the tweeters in the arm rest.

Project Black Beast Imm000_00A

The engine mounts started going so I had all 3 changed at the same time and also a set of aftermarket plates. As a typical French problem car my backbox also packed in so a trip to Z-Ex Exhausts Cardiff sorted that out.

From cat back including middle box and twin oval back box £265 and it sounds amazing I am well chuffed, cannot recommend these guys enough as they done my last car which was also top notch.

Project Black Beast Jayscar005

Project Black Beast Imm015_14A

Project Black Beast Jayscar003

Project Black Beast Jayscar013

Decided to buy an induction kit to complement my exhaust so the most obvious choice was a raceland. TBH I wasnt that impressed with the design of the raceland so I sold it on ( with profit thanks ebay) and bought a K&N Apollo which sounds nice.

Project Black Beast Imm003_2A

This was it for about 8 months which I think was the time I became a member of this club. Seeing a couple of pictures of nimrods on here soon got me looking on ebay which I managed to source a set for £150 and then got them refurbed in a sort of light anthracite colour.

I also decided to paint my calipers in red with hammerite smooth.

Project Black Beast DSC00145

Project Black Beast Carpicsalloys034

A nice set of black projectors was soon added and I also sprayed my fog lights to match these.

Project Black Beast Carpicsalloys006

As my car was still standing like a tractor a set of 50mm Eibachs helped it scrape the floor from now on.

Project Black Beast Gtipics002

Project Black Beast Gtipics003

Project Black Beast Gtipics004

Project Black Beast Gtipics010

Project Black Beast Gtipics015

Project Black Beast Gtipics026

A gamble on a new quickshift from ebay payed off as it is brilliant.

Got a set of calipers off a 206 gti,grooved disks and mintex pads, just waiting for a nice day to fit them . . . should be much better stopping power now!

Decided to change the nimrods as they are not practical for me and rub like a biatch!

These are the new alloys that are going on next week wrapped in Toyo rubber with my 266mm brakes.

Project Black Beast Various001

Update

A couple of pics with the Dotz rims on:

Project Black Beast Car041

Project Black Beast Car004

Project Black Beast Car007

Project Black Beast Car018

I gotta say the handling is 110% better with these alloys and the Toyo's on. I still prefer the look of the nimrods but they were just too impractible.

Some time in the future they will be going anthracite with a silver lip and the gold centre bit sprayed black.

Update

Been busy tidying up the engine bay.

The rocker covers went graphite grey and I also resprayed the centre cover black. Fitted new black hoses on the filter and oil breather and also fitted an upper strut brace which will also be going graphite grey soon.

You'll also notice that I changed the intake on the induction kit to the top but also kept the cold air feed which I think works much better.

Project Black Beast Car032

Project Black Beast Car036

Project Black Beast Car038
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Project Black Beast   Project Black Beast EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:24 pm

Think it's safe to say thank god you got rid of the nimrods!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Jay GTI
Beginner
Beginner
Jay GTI

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Black Beast   Project Black Beast EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:41 am

Ha your the first person to agree with me, everybody says I should have kept them even though they looked nice thats all they done. Just rubbed like a bitch and slowed down acceleration abit.

Working on my track wheels at the moment, their my original GTI wheels sprayed graphite grey with a silver lip. They look rather cool Cool
Back to top Go down
jim
Beginner
Beginner
jim

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Project Black Beast   Project Black Beast EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 8:01 am

you need a timing belt cover mate
the last think you want is a stone getting up and fucking the belt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Black Beast   Project Black Beast Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Black Beast
Page 1 of 1