Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Welcome  Affiliates  Shop  Latest images  Register  Log in  

New track tyres needed and quickly.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

Male Number of posts : 1593
Registration date : 2009-05-07

New track tyres needed and quickly. Empty
PostSubject: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Trackday next weekend. Need new tyres. 14" Peugeot Raptor alloys.

At the moment I'm running 185/55/R14. Choice on that profile is limited. Probably the best would be Toyo CF 1's?

Does anyone who has seen my car recently think I could get away with running 195/55/R14s? That way I could use Toyo T1 R's. Don't want any scrubbage on full lock for example!

Or is there not much difference in it and just stick with the standard 185/55/R14?

New track tyres needed and quickly. 115159
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

Male Number of posts : 7510
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

195's may scrub on full lock, but that's not too much of an issue Razz

Woz has CF1's on the GiT now... but are these going to be on your daily wheels or just for track?
Back to top Go down
http://www.www.built4track.co.uk
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Norledge wrote:
Woz has CF1's on the GiT now... but are these going to be on your daily wheels or just for track?

They'll just be for track.
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 pm

I know Lee (Diablo GTI) was running 195 T1R's, don't think he's ever mentioned scrubbing.

CF1's are pretty damn good IMO, I love mine, and I was having a chat with Woz on the way to Rockingham and he rated them as good as the Kumho's but with a more progressive slide out of grip (think that's what he said anyway lol, was quite early!)

Thinking about it though, people use 195's on Cyclones etc all the time, so I can't see there being any problems...
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 pm

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

Scroll to the bottom... you only need 2 Razz
Back to top Go down
Jonny-r
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Jonny-r

Male Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Cyclones are wider than the Raptors though, is running 195 width tyres on raptors okay?

The T1R Proxes would wear down quite quickly, CF1s might be worth a shout!
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Cheers Chris. Maybe I'll just play it safe and stick with 185 profile and CF1's. Shame the KU31s aren't available any more!

And Stu, I was verrry tempted just to go all out and buy some medium compound semi-slicks. But not so close to Xmas. Unless people want to buy them for me?
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm

You're fine with +/- 10mm wudth on pretty much every wheel.
Back to top Go down
Jonny-r
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Jonny-r

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Raptors are to suit 175 width though AFAIK? Dave all ready went up to 185 when he bought the Kumhos a year or more ago :p
Back to top Go down
Jonny-r
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Jonny-r

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Just done some searching, standard size on a GTi is 185/55/14, possibly standard on a Quiksilver was 175/60/14 but that might be bullshit.

So you should be okay with 195 width tyres just make sure the profile isn't going to mess with the rolling radius too much?
http://www.willtheyfit.com/
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Jonny-r
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Jonny-r

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Does the size 195/50/14 exist? Smaller profile will look better Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 pm

No. Next one down is 45 which would really throw the speedo out.

You're such a style whore too Smile
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Off topic, but i've just done that for the trucks current tyres...

New track tyres needed and quickly. Untitl21

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Jonny-r
Can Handle Lift-Off
Can Handle Lift-Off
Jonny-r

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Hahaha. I am getting some pictures with NickF1 later, he spotted me on 106oc and has his 106 down at uni too!

Anyway - 195/55/14 will be a plan then if you want to get the extra width! Last thought, what size did the people with steelies run?
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

I'll go for 195/55/14 with some T1Rs in that case. Fingers crossed they'll be OK!
Back to top Go down
Chris_429
Moderators
Moderators
Chris_429

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 am

Should be fine, I'm running my CF1's on 6 inch steelies, which came off 5.5 inch xsi's and vtr's - you'll just get a 'protective' lip around the edge of the rim Smile

Just to say, when I mentioned cyclones etc I was referring towards any rubbing issues Smile lol!
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:41 am

just remember T1R have very soft tyre walls! the CF1s I was using at brands Dave held up really well considering I was dicking about with lifting off every corner plus as chris said they don't judder like your hydras when you do lift and it lets go.

Compared to the kumhos there was certainly more grip there and I recon if I didn't start cocking about may have been able to corner even quicker than on the kumhos.
Back to top Go down
Dave-R
Moderators
Moderators
Dave-R

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:30 am

That's made up my mind. Thanks guys!

185/55/14 CF1s.

Although 195/55 should be completely fine, I don't want to risk it. And the TR1s are quite a bit more expensive per tyre. If I destroy the tyres within 1 day, I'd be a bit gutted.

Another order through Camskill...
Back to top Go down
Norledge
Admin
Admin
Norledge

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 am

We should try and sort a discount with them tbh Razz
Back to top Go down
woz_106
Moderators
Moderators
woz_106

Male Number of posts : 5169
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

you say that after I ordered 260 quids worth for the MR2...great! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New track tyres needed and quickly.   New track tyres needed and quickly. Empty

Back to top Go down

New track tyres needed and quickly.
Page 1 of 1